Saturday, June 21, 2008

Too Darn Hot

Much of the reason I left LA and moved to the coast (besides the horrific smog) was that this particular area rarely is warmer than 90*F.  Hot and I do not mix.  So you can imagine my excitement over the last three days of 105*+ temperatures.  Three days - no air conditioner.  Setting all that aside, I noticed that there have been some interesting things happening to my appetite - mainly that I don't have one, which for a girl like me is astounding.  All I want is to have cool beverages, cool fruit, and cool dinners.  For most people that would mean salad.

For me, that means tomatoes.

I know, tomatoes are not yet fully in season.  But these meaty Romas are just calling out, "Eat me with some mozzarella and basil and balsamic vinegar!"  So that is what I will do.  Any other urge to turn on an oven will have to wait until the temperature drops back below 80*.

No comments: